Top 10 Android Tower Defense Games
10. Opening our list of Top 10 Best Android Tower Defense games is Myth Defense 2: Dark Forces It’s a battle of good vs evil in this classic-style Tower Defense game. Smartpix Games’ offers a unique twist to the conventions of the genre: You’re fighting for the Dark Forces. Fend off the righteous “Light Forces” with your arsenal of traps, towers and monsters.
What better way to set the balance of the world than to thin out the good horde? It has 24 types of towers, 6 maps, and over 50 campaign missions for extended fun. Use the alchemists’ skills to create runes and power up your dark army. It has a different kind of improvement and style, which makes it a good intro on our list.
9. OTTD Game Here’ a game that lives up to its title. It’s a truly over-the-top tower defense, that pits you against sentient eyeballs, towering mechanical foes, and chopper-riding octopods. While most tower-defense games focus on tower customizations, OTTTD highlights the use of heroes and weapon upgrades. Choose from a variety of unique heroes and dominate the battlefield with its whole arsenal of bad-ass looking weapons. From your collected coins, fortify your tower’s defenses and upgrade your heroes armors.
Storm the battlefied and decimate your enemies until the arena turns into a pool of their blood, bones, and guts. It’s a tower-defense meets RTS game that’s full of sweet, sweet carnage. It has a PlayScore of 8.25.
8. Madness TD 2: Tower Defense A visually stunning Tower Defense with a cartoony twist. A sequel to the popular Tower Madness, help an adorable flock of fighting sheep from an oncoming alien invasion. It’s a mad, mad battle against the extraterrestrial threat. Destroy waves upon waves of forces with rockets, missiles, and more.
The game gets progressively harder with 16 different alien types. Learn their abilities and weaknesses, and turn the tide battle every single time. Climb the learderboards, and compare times with friends and strangers. While there’s 70 maps to play on, it’s just as much fun to replay them to reach the highest scores. With impressive visuals and unique premise, it’s one of the highly recommended tower-defense games on the android. Protect your flock, with a PlayScore of 8.31.
7. Sentinel 4: Dark Star The gold standard of iOS gaming, Sentinel comes back to the Android with their fourth title. After four long years of waiting, we can finally return to the deep tower defense action that the series offered. Establishing mechanics and features throughout its series, there’s a lot left out in their introductions which might make it difficult for newcomers to the game.
But, as a game loaded with content and diverse strategies, it offers a rewarding enough experience for those who bother learning the ropes. Play around with its experience-gaining towers, commanders with their own special abilities, and droids that block enemies in their path. While it’s traditional as traditional goes, Sentinel shows us there’s still some hope for the genre. It has a PlayScore of 8.34.
6. Bloons TD 5 It’s time for some ballon-popping action with the mighty monkeys of Ninja Kiwi. Making its origins in the flash era of PC gaming, Bloons has done so well in adjusting to the tides of the new generation. So much so that it spawned several tower defense titles, providing hours of fun to the fans of the genre. Released in 2014, TD 5 entered the scene with an impressive graphical upgrade, and a handful of exciting new features. Pop all the balloons with the Monkey Sub tower, and conquer its daily challenges. Their classic modes also make a return. Take down every colorful invader along with friends in co-op, and master the map in freeplay. It has a PlayScore of 8.42.
5. Jelly Defense Far from the destructive mess of usual tower-defense games, Jelly Defense takes its own quirky little form. Immerse yourself in its world of oddball jellies. Its maps are no different, taking on the monochromatic palette that highlights its colorful citizens. As far is art is concerned, this game definitely stands out, having the kind of charming eccentricity that keeps drawing people in. Once it does reel you in however, you’ll find that it’s one of the more challenging tower defense games on the mobile.
It sticks with the genre’s old, demanding and ultimately punishing formula. Savor the sweetness of each of your hard-won victories, and save the jellies from their squishy demise. It has a PlayScore of 8.46.
4. Anomaly 2 From the makers of War of Mine is a strategy game that oozes with jaw-dropping visuals and turns the whole tower-defense genre on its head. Created by the folks at 11 bit studios, it’s a bit ironic to find just how stunning their games can be. This second title in their Anomaly series boasts the same PC quality graphics, making each of their tower-destroying exploits a more satisfying experience. More accurately described as “tower-offense”, you control a fleet of vehicles bent on demolishing the massive structures of its alien invaders. While you can’t directly control your fleet, you can devise the most strategic paths to maximize the alien destruction. Choose the best squads and weapons because this game has a PlayScore of 8.56.
3. Tiny Guardians A tower-defense game that doesn’t have towers. Venture around the beautiful land of Prism and save its citizens from the beasts that roam its land. It plays much like the tongue-in-cheek Bardbarian. Form your own party of tiny guardians, and go in search for the mysterious sorceress. Choose from 12 guardian types and devise strategies against its diverse array of enemies. Unlock and upgrade your guardians and unleash their powerful attacks.
Test your skills in the different difficulty settings of their Story and Challenge modes. It’s an adorable and fresh take on the tower defense genre and it has a PlayScore of 8.57.
2. Plants vs Zombies 2: It’s About Time! Popcap returns with an all new photosynthetic tower-defense game for all ages. This time, travel back in time with Krazy Dave as he wants to relive his taste buds with his precious taco. Things go haywire when he goes far off into the past, putting him to various historical periods filled with zombies such such as Ancient Egypt, Golden Age of Piracy and Dinosaur. Continuing its iconic flora and undead battle, use a variety of plants to take down Dr. Zomboss and his legion of zombies from all across time and space. This sequel features an all new Plant Food mechanic to power up your plants. The game is actively updated, adding more features to the game.
Here are the runners-up before we reveal the number one:
11. Tiny Archers. Become the most powerful legion of tiny archers in the kingdom. Draw your bow!
12. King Of Thieves. Prove your skills as a master thief in ZeptoLab’s quirky tower defense game.
13. Castle Creeps TD. Fortify your defenses against hordes of orcs and monsters in this 3D TD game.
14. Steampunk Tower. Protect your precious Etherium Mine and survive waves of invaders.
15. Royal Revolt 2 – Lead your army of powerful warriors to protect your throne. It receives a PlayScore of 1.
And the number one tower defense game on the Android is Kingdom Rush: Origins As if you didn’t expect it already. One of the classics of the flash days, Ironhide Studios puts a twist on their time-tested formula, going back to the beginnings of their beloved saga. This prequel is the third in their series of tower-defense games, and it boasts the same amount visual eye candy and balanced mechanics as their previous ones.
Engage in more fast-paced gameplay, along with your army of elven soldiers. Protect the kingdom from sorcerers, serpents, gnolls, and other fantastical beasts. Their brave turn to a more fictional world comes with new towers, heroes, and spells. With each successive hit, Ironhide Studios reminds us why they became one of the cornerstones the genre.
That’s why they’re the best on the Android with a PlayScore of 8.91..
As found on Youtube